Search This Blog

Sunday 17 April 2011

Prometheus Unbound ... Writer Unblocked

A bit of a grand title for today's blog but what the hell. It's starting to come together. I have had a really productive weekend working on the script and associated notes.

Had a predictably uplifting meeting with DR last Thursday. I had sent him the Outline of the whole play (see Mind-Dump and Other Jargon, 1 April) and he was kind enough about it, even my bizarre and repetitive misspelling of 'no one' - how long have I been doing that I wonder? Encouraged by that I had ploughed on with Act I, my vague short-term plan being to hand in for assessment (the first but not sole objective) Act I scene 1, along with, probably, the Prologue and Epilogue, the Outline and some Casting/Production Notes I have been working on. I was a little concerned that I would bang my head on the 7000 word assignment ceiling but DR is reasonably relaxed about this so I have not been subject to any unduly artificial constraints. The faults will be all mine.

Today has been the best day yet. Well, good for me , perhaps not so good for the boy Waugh who may very well be revolving in his proverbial as we speak.  My characters have today grown into themselves with a right old vengeance and keep speaking lines entirely of my invention without any prompting from old Evelyn. This, I discover, is an inevitable by-product of adaptation, even, ironically, of reduction. By paring down the events I portray and the cast of characters enacting them, I have to put the characters in unexplored places. When they arrive at these new venues they can say the strangest things. For example I start at the Schwertz party and I want to get the cast from there to the uproarious Downing Street denouement (via, of course, a death at Shepheard's) with as little clunkiness and scenery-shifting as possible. But what would these people talk about in the taxis as they tour London in search of drink? I think I now know. In fact I have known it twice because I had a backing-up incident earlier today (user error) which meant this deathless prose had two incarnations. Work that one out.

Some of the fun I've been having: Mary Mouse has emerged as a minor Machiavel who may just be in love with Jane Brown; Miles has more self-knowledge than Vanburgh; I sneaked a bit of Macbeth in there (gratuitous I know but it's my bloody play and I like that sort of thing); I think I can get away with a reference to The Macallan 1926 (last reported trading at £30000 a bottle) even though it wouldn't have been drinkable then; because I now envisage some projected images on the rear stage wall I have been having fun looking out some possible pictures - these adorn today's blog.

Today I have also discovered the music of Philip Glass - not all of it course but enough to keep me typing happily. Sometimes, just sometimes mind, the unblocked writer's life is good.     

1 comment:

  1. Are you interested in any kinds of hacking services?
    Feel free to contact TECHNECHHACKS.

    For years now we’ve helped so many organizations and companies in hacking services.
    TECHNECHHACKS is a team of certified hackers that has their own specialty and they are five star rated hackers.

    We give out jobs to hackers (gurus only) to those willing to work, with or without a degree, to speed up the availability of time given to jobs!!

    Thus an online binary decoding exam will be set for those who needs employment under the teams establishment.


    we deal with the total functioning of sites like,



    + SOCIAL MEDIA (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, google hangout etc.)

    + CREDIT CARDS INSTALLATION

    + WESTERN UNION TRANSFER

    + MONEY FLIPPING

    + BANK ACCOUNTS

    + IOS/OS

    + CRIMINAL RECORDS

    + SCHOOL GRADES

    + CREDIT SCORES

    + SPOUSES PHONE

    + BTC RECOVERY

    + BTC MINING

    + BTC INVESTMENT

    Thus bewere of scammers because most persons are been scammed and they ended up getting all solutions to their cyber bullies and attacks by US.

    I am Jason williams one of the leading hack agent.

    PURPOSE IS TO GET YOUR JOBS DONE AT EXACTLY NEEDED TIME REQUESTED!!!



    And our WORK SUCCESS IS 100%!!!



    I’m always available for you when you need help.

    Contact or write us on:

    Technechhacks@gmail.com

    SIGNED....!

    Jason. W.

    ReplyDelete